How to restore your WhatsApp chat history – Here is aguide
WhatsApp is one of the largest social messaging platforms in the world. Created by two former Yahoo employees in 2009, WhatsApp was initially meant to take Apple’s new push notification feature to update users’ networks with status updates.WhatsApp 2.0 came then which featured the messaging function and would later become the most definitive feature of the app. Now there are over 1.5 billion users on WhatsApp with close to a billion active users daily. The entire population of the world is over 7.7 billion.
WhatsApp has, since its launch, been bringing updates regularly. The look changed, became smoother. Updates ranging from emojis to gif functionality to payment feature via UPI in India (Still not rolled out). There has been a lot of changes since the application went global. Now the applications receive a lot of data daily like texts and media. So backing up your data becomes important. So here is how you how to back up your data.
How to backup WhatsApp chats on Android
You can back up your chats and media to Google Drive, so if you change Android phones or get a new one, your chats and media are transferrable.
To back up to Google Drive:
- Open WhatsApp.
- Tap More options > Settings > Chats > Chat backup .
- You can tap Back Up to create an immediate backup.
- You can also tap Back up to Google Drive to set a backup frequency.
- If you don’t have a Google account already set up, tap Add account when prompted.
- Tap Back up over to choose the network you want to use for backup. Please note that backing up over a cellular data network might result in additional data charge………Read More>>